Breaking News
  • April 25Ap testing starting soon
  • April 25Last day to complete CCP steps is coming up
  • April 25Columbus Crew win leg 1 of CONCACAF Champions Cup
  • April 2520 days left of school
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Suicide and Bullying Prevention at North
Keller Hyde (Junior) and Alex Cardoza (Senior)April 15, 2024

Efforts to spread awareness about student violence and suicide prevention have been on an upward trend in recent years. Despite these steps,...

Continue Reading
Ohio House Bill Restricts Transgender Athletes in Sports
Theodore Garrett (Senior)April 9, 2024

During the 2022-2023 school year six transgender girls played in Ohio highschool sports; one of them is a tennis player who completed her senior...

Continue Reading
Why are students frustrated with High School counselors?! | RAW student interviews S2 E6
Lia Webb (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Theodore Garrett (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading
Lia Webb (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Celebrating Women’s History Month with Young Feminists Club

As the world celebrates Women’s History Month, it’s important to recognize the efforts of individuals and groups that are dedicated to advocating for gender equality and women’s empowerment. Westerville North High Schools Young Feminists club are making a difference at their school through the different activities they are doing throughout the month of March.

One dedicated member of the Young Feminists club is Avery Heckman (2025) shared her journey of joining the club and the effect it has had on her perspective.

“I was raised with the values of understanding the world and having an opinion on it,” Heckman said. “Being a feminist was ingrained in me from a young age, so when I discovered the Young Feminists club at our school, it felt like a perfect fit.”

Since joining the club, Heckman has seen firsthand the power of group action in addressing gender inequality. From organizing projects like “Dear Me,” where members wrote letters to their younger selves about body image, to this year’s project during Women’s History Month, where they created a display case and made educational announcements, the Young Feminists club has done a lot of effort to get gender equality.

Despite facing challenges, Heckman remains true in her commitment to the feminist movement and encourages others to join the cause. “Feminism is for everyone,” she said. “It’s about achieving social and legal equality for all genders.”

Their efforts serve as a hope and inspiration for generations to come for gender equality. Heckman offered words of encouragement to those hesitant to get involved. “Every act of kindness matters,” she said. “Even if it feels small, you’re making a difference.”