Breaking News
  • May 16Senior Night of excellence tonight
  • May 16Gov. DeWine signs HB250 requiring school districts to adopt policies on cellphones
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

French 2 students scour Westerville North for the next party
Annmarie Celello (Journalism 1 student)May 15, 2024

Groups of French 2 students frantically rush around the halls to find active learning opportunities  scattered in every nook and cranny, writing...

Continue Reading
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Luke Gray (Journalism 1 Student)May 14, 2024

The Odyssey Senior Edition went to print after a year-long effort by the Odyssey staff. ESCCO print shop fulfilled the print needs for the Odyssey...

Continue Reading
Next years student section leaders
2024-2025 Student Section Leaders Announced
Tyler Goebeler (Journalism 1 Student)May 11, 2024

On Thursday, May 2, Westerville North’s athletic director Wes Elefritz  announced its student section leaders for the 2024-2025 school year....

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press

Continue Reading
Next years student section leaders

Continue Reading

North lacrosse battles against Central

Westerville North travels to Westerville Central stadium to play in the rivalry lacrosse game that impacts how the team looks back on the season; helps to prove if season was success or not
Bre Travis

On May 2 at 7 pm, Westerville North Warriors  proceeded down the street to play Westerville Central Warhawks in a big rivalry lacrosse game on a Thursday night matchup. The game has always been a big game for both schools, leading to who can obtain the title of ruling the ville and bringing a good amount of the Westerville community to come and watch. Westerville north came out on top in a of game with a score of 11-10

Westerville North Head Coach Dan Bischel’s record against the Warhawks is 2-1 and  All of those wins and losses have been close games. 

Colin Howard, a former lacrosse player at Westerville North, said that losing his sophomore year “ruined his record” of going undefeated in his high school career against the Warhawks.

Current players like Dominick Cofane and Alex Witherow said they were ready for the game and were ready to win no matter what. 

Alex Witherow takes a shot in the first quarter after going down 3-0 at Central. The Warriors were trying to get a goal and put a score on the board (b.travisphotography)

“I feel really confident,” Witherow Said. “I’m excited to play… We only get to play these Westerville teams once a year.”

The first quarter started rough for the Warriors going down 3-0, 7 minutes into the game. Luckily, they scored by Griffin Wolfe, 3 minutes before the quarter ended.4

The fourth quarter started and like the third quarter, Noah Betts scored 2 minutes into the quarter. The Warrior took the lead by two after a  goal from Quinn Farrell with 9 minutes left. The Warhawks kept battling, scoring with 7 minutes left but it wasn’t enough as the Warriors put the game away with a goal from Alekzander Wiese with 2 minutes left.