The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Cover of good kid maad city
good kid, m.A.A.d city: A Thorough Review
Spencer Cowgill, (Journalism 1 Student) • July 19, 2024

Kendrick Lamar is a rapper, songwriter and poet and released the best album of the 2010's. “good kid, m.A.A.d city” is a hip-hop album released...

Continue Reading
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Addison Saggio (Journalism 1 Student)July 17, 2024

In 2018, streaming was rising as the most popular form of entertainment, beating out DVDs, Blockbuster rentals, movie theaters and cable....

Continue Reading
Rayas Risky Adventure
Raya's Risky Adventure
Sophia Lee (Journalism 1 Student)July 5, 2024

I recently watched the Disney Film “Raya and The Last Dragon.'' If you have a mind that seeks adventure, dragons, and a hidden gem found in...

Continue Reading
Cover of good kid maad city

Continue Reading
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Streaming Becomes Expensive

Continue Reading
Rayas Risky Adventure
Raya's Risky Adventure

Continue Reading

North lacrosse battles against Central

Westerville North travels to Westerville Central stadium to play in the rivalry lacrosse game that impacts how the team looks back on the season; helps to prove if season was success or not
Bre Travis

On May 2 at 7 pm, Westerville North Warriors  proceeded down the street to play Westerville Central Warhawks in a big rivalry lacrosse game on a Thursday night matchup. The game has always been a big game for both schools, leading to who can obtain the title of ruling the ville and bringing a good amount of the Westerville community to come and watch. Westerville north came out on top in a of game with a score of 11-10

Westerville North Head Coach Dan Bischel’s record against the Warhawks is 2-1 and  All of those wins and losses have been close games. 

Colin Howard, a former lacrosse player at Westerville North, said that losing his sophomore year “ruined his record” of going undefeated in his high school career against the Warhawks.

Current players like Dominick Cofane and Alex Witherow said they were ready for the game and were ready to win no matter what. 

Alex Witherow takes a shot in the first quarter after going down 3-0 at Central. The Warriors were trying to get a goal and put a score on the board (b.travisphotography)

“I feel really confident,” Witherow Said. “I’m excited to play… We only get to play these Westerville teams once a year.”

The first quarter started rough for the Warriors going down 3-0, 7 minutes into the game. Luckily, they scored by Griffin Wolfe, 3 minutes before the quarter ended.4

The fourth quarter started and like the third quarter, Noah Betts scored 2 minutes into the quarter. The Warrior took the lead by two after a  goal from Quinn Farrell with 9 minutes left. The Warhawks kept battling, scoring with 7 minutes left but it wasn’t enough as the Warriors put the game away with a goal from Alekzander Wiese with 2 minutes left.