The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Streaming Becomes Expensive
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Addison Saggio (Journalism 1 Student)July 17, 2024

In 2018, streaming was rising as the most popular form of entertainment, beating out DVDs, Blockbuster rentals, movie theaters and cable....

Continue Reading
Rayas Risky Adventure
Raya's Risky Adventure
Sophia Lee (Journalism 1 Student)July 5, 2024

I recently watched the Disney Film “Raya and The Last Dragon.'' If you have a mind that seeks adventure, dragons, and a hidden gem found in...

Continue Reading
More smoking devices, weapons confiscated at WNHS
Valerie Tanner (Journalism 1 Student)July 3, 2024

Smoking devices and weapons have made more appearances in schools over the past year.  The rise of weapons and smoking devices, more disciplinary...

Continue Reading
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Streaming Becomes Expensive

Continue Reading
Rayas Risky Adventure
Raya's Risky Adventure

Continue Reading

Continue Reading

GEL-Cumulus 25: Is the Shoe Right for You?

The newest model of a shoe that has had a great reputation so far, the Gel-Cumulus manages to provide on all cylinders.

With some of the best cushioning around, the ASICS GEL-Cumulus 25 provides one of the smoothest rides a running shoe can offer. 

In my six years of running, I can confidently tell you that there’s no shoe that can provide this type of cushioning, while still being breathable and light enough to not feel like running with bricks on your feet.

With over 15 different colors to choose from, you’ll never feel that you’re limited to the shoe as it has colors ranging from all white to zest green to straight black. It allows you to pick out a shoe that actually matches with your running outfit.

ASICS also helps satisfy the earth lovers in the running community, as the shoe’s upper material is made up of 75 percent recycled materials.

The FF Blast Plus midsole and puregel technology in the sole help provide the most cushioning yet while still being responsive. 

Not only does the cushioning help your legs not take a pounding, it also helps make the shoe extremely durable. The shoes seem to typically last around 400-450 miles before having to get a new pair. But you could definitely push them closer to around 500 miles, if you really wanted to.

The shoe is on the pricier side, being a little less than the ON Cloud X 3 that sells for around $150 but more than Nike Pegasus 40 that you can consistently get under $100 dollars. The GEL-Cumulus 25 are currently on the ASICS website for $140. However, the cost is definitely worth the benefits if you’re serious about taking your training to the next level.

The style of the shoe has even been confirmed to help promote good foot health by the American Podiatric Medical Association.

While on the pricey side, I can confidently say you won’t regret your choice if you pick the GEL-Cumulus 25. The shoe will become one of your favorites as soon as you put it on and feel its responsiveness, versatility and cushioning. If you’re ready to take your training to the next level, you can purchase the shoes on the ASICS website.