The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Streaming Becomes Expensive
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Addison Saggio (Journalism 1 Student)July 17, 2024

In 2018, streaming was rising as the most popular form of entertainment, beating out DVDs, Blockbuster rentals, movie theaters and cable....

Continue Reading
Rayas Risky Adventure
Raya's Risky Adventure
Sophia Lee (Journalism 1 Student)July 5, 2024

I recently watched the Disney Film “Raya and The Last Dragon.'' If you have a mind that seeks adventure, dragons, and a hidden gem found in...

Continue Reading
More smoking devices, weapons confiscated at WNHS
Valerie Tanner (Journalism 1 Student)July 3, 2024

Smoking devices and weapons have made more appearances in schools over the past year.  The rise of weapons and smoking devices, more disciplinary...

Continue Reading
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Streaming Becomes Expensive

Continue Reading
Rayas Risky Adventure
Raya's Risky Adventure

Continue Reading

Continue Reading

Memory-Filled Mechanic Maximizes Opportunities

A speedy introduction to a WNHS Senior

Vrooom. Engines revving. Exhaust filled air. Tire marks left in the asphalt of a random parking lot. Cars with thousands of hours of invested work line up, as people examine in awe and film for social media.

It’s an exhilarating car meet for future mechanic, designer, Connor Hartnell.

Hartnell started getting into cars during the pandemic. At first, it was just his friends who were invested in the world of speedy automobiles. He started going to these car meets with them and followed the owners on any social media he had.

Now he is finishing up an apprenticeship at Drive Direct dealership and going to The University of Northwestern Ohio to major in High Performance Motorsports Technology and Hybrid and Electric Systems. It’s a 3 year program where he’ll continue with the jolting hobby he loves.

The people close to him are extremely important to him even though he is very close to himself because he doesn’t like big social events. He is very introverted but if needed he can speed up and become extroverted very quickly.

A part about senior year that is quick to sadden him is that he’ll be leaving his fast friends and will no longer be a few miles per hour streets away.

A sweet piece he gets to take with him are the speedy memories he made with his friends on their long drives and trips to those random parking lots to see these loud, roaring machines. He will work on cars everyday getting to reminisce and remember his racing childhood with his favorite people.

He is a very talented mechanic and driver, even when he tends to make people car sick on those twisty country roads. He can even hear the sound of an engine and will speedily blurt out the engine type and car model. He will continue to grow this talent all throughout his journey of life and sharing his talent with anyone who’s able to crash through his built up walls.

“He’s my day one and I couldn’t ask for a better best friend in my entire life.” said best friend Harry Hutto.