Breaking News
  • May 16Senior Night of excellence tonight
  • May 16Gov. DeWine signs HB250 requiring school districts to adopt policies on cellphones
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

French 2 students scour Westerville North for the next party
Annmarie Celello (Journalism 1 student)May 15, 2024

Groups of French 2 students frantically rush around the halls to find active learning opportunities  scattered in every nook and cranny, writing...

Continue Reading
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Luke Gray (Journalism 1 Student)May 14, 2024

The Odyssey Senior Edition went to print after a year-long effort by the Odyssey staff. ESCCO print shop fulfilled the print needs for the Odyssey...

Continue Reading
Next years student section leaders
2024-2025 Student Section Leaders Announced
Tyler Goebeler (Journalism 1 Student)May 11, 2024

On Thursday, May 2, Westerville North’s athletic director Wes Elefritz  announced its student section leaders for the 2024-2025 school year....

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press

Continue Reading
Next years student section leaders

Continue Reading

The next six leaders are here.
Showan Zako
Next years student section leaders

On Thursday, May 2, Westerville North’s athletic director Wes Elefritz  announced its student section leaders for the 2024-2025 school year. Sam Gainey, Hayden Gillenwater, Ksenja Joshevsky, Cassie Stapleton, Carly Warthman, and Teresa Ferdnandez all earned their spot by filling out their application and submitting it to Senora Henman, then being voted for by their peers.

Every year six new seniors earn the responsibilities of being a student section leader for sporting events. Student section leaders are tasked with picking the themes for every game, controlling the student section, cleaning up the student section after games, and much more. The job is more important than people realize, and without them games wouldn’t be nearly as enjoyable. 

The student Section leaders also represent Westerville North high school as a whole. The 6 students  chosen are and will be great selections to do exactly that. Everyone chosen as a leader is an admirable student that involves themselves in extracurricular activities and is a great fit for the job at hand.

“Be ready.” Sam Gainey said.”After spending 3 years in the student section, I think I know what I’m doing.” His experience and time spent in the student section should carry over to cause an enjoyable experience and amazing year for both athletes and fans. 

“My 3 goals as a student section leader are: to keep the crowd pumped, make sure all the games have a big turnout, and make sure everyone has a good time.”Gainey Said. 

“We just want to have fun,” Lexy Lawrence said. Lawrence now a junior, has been spending time in the student section since her freshman year. She is really looking forward to going to the football games next season, and the thriving energy of the student section.

“We’re all up to the task,” Gillenwater said. “This year is gonna be a good one. We already have a lot planned.”