The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Cover of good kid maad city
good kid, m.A.A.d city: A Thorough Review
Spencer Cowgill, (Journalism 1 Student) • July 19, 2024

Kendrick Lamar is a rapper, songwriter and poet and released the best album of the 2010's. “good kid, m.A.A.d city” is a hip-hop album released...

Continue Reading
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Addison Saggio (Journalism 1 Student)July 17, 2024

In 2018, streaming was rising as the most popular form of entertainment, beating out DVDs, Blockbuster rentals, movie theaters and cable....

Continue Reading
Rayas Risky Adventure
Raya's Risky Adventure
Sophia Lee (Journalism 1 Student)July 5, 2024

I recently watched the Disney Film “Raya and The Last Dragon.'' If you have a mind that seeks adventure, dragons, and a hidden gem found in...

Continue Reading
Cover of good kid maad city

Continue Reading
Streaming Becomes Expensive
Streaming Becomes Expensive

Continue Reading
Rayas Risky Adventure
Raya's Risky Adventure

Continue Reading

2024-2025 Student Section Leaders Announced

The next six leaders are here.
Showan Zako
Next years student section leaders

On Thursday, May 2, Westerville North’s athletic director Wes Elefritz  announced its student section leaders for the 2024-2025 school year. Sam Gainey, Hayden Gillenwater, Ksenja Joshevsky, Cassie Stapleton, Carly Warthman, and Teresa Ferdnandez all earned their spot by filling out their application and submitting it to Senora Henman, then being voted for by their peers.

Every year six new seniors earn the responsibilities of being a student section leader for sporting events. Student section leaders are tasked with picking the themes for every game, controlling the student section, cleaning up the student section after games, and much more. The job is more important than people realize, and without them games wouldn’t be nearly as enjoyable. 

The student Section leaders also represent Westerville North high school as a whole. The 6 students  chosen are and will be great selections to do exactly that. Everyone chosen as a leader is an admirable student that involves themselves in extracurricular activities and is a great fit for the job at hand.

“Be ready.” Sam Gainey said.”After spending 3 years in the student section, I think I know what I’m doing.” His experience and time spent in the student section should carry over to cause an enjoyable experience and amazing year for both athletes and fans. 

“My 3 goals as a student section leader are: to keep the crowd pumped, make sure all the games have a big turnout, and make sure everyone has a good time.”Gainey Said. 

“We just want to have fun,” Lexy Lawrence said. Lawrence now a junior, has been spending time in the student section since her freshman year. She is really looking forward to going to the football games next season, and the thriving energy of the student section.

“We’re all up to the task,” Gillenwater said. “This year is gonna be a good one. We already have a lot planned.”