Breaking News
  • May 16Senior Night of excellence tonight
  • May 16Gov. DeWine signs HB250 requiring school districts to adopt policies on cellphones
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

French 2 students scour Westerville North for the next party
Annmarie Celello (Journalism 1 student)May 15, 2024

Groups of French 2 students frantically rush around the halls to find active learning opportunities  scattered in every nook and cranny, writing...

Continue Reading
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Luke Gray (Journalism 1 Student)May 14, 2024

The Odyssey Senior Edition went to print after a year-long effort by the Odyssey staff. ESCCO print shop fulfilled the print needs for the Odyssey...

Continue Reading
Next years student section leaders
2024-2025 Student Section Leaders Announced
Tyler Goebeler (Journalism 1 Student)May 11, 2024

On Thursday, May 2, Westerville North’s athletic director Wes Elefritz  announced its student section leaders for the 2024-2025 school year....

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press
Odyssey Senior Edition Goes to Press

Continue Reading
Next years student section leaders

Continue Reading

Westerville North gets a summer glow up

The walls built around the Union create an all access space for study halls. They also encourage students to stay in their designated areas at all times.

Over the summer at Westerville North High School, renovations were made to the building including the Union, stadium, the office, and science and music rooms.

The Union, which was a previously open space, is now walled off from the rest of the school. Instead of being used as extra seating for lunch periods, it is now used for study halls all throughout the day. 

This was done to create a space where students can get anything they would need for study hall, according to Principal Kurt Yancey, . He also mentions that it was separated from the commons so that there can be study halls during lunch periods. 

The union was not the only place in the school that got new walls. Four of the science rooms had solid walls built in between them to replace the previous curtain. 

Renovations made to the stadium include the turf being redone, a new scoreboard and a new track. The marks on the turf are now sewn in instead of painted.

“This decision will save money every year now that they do not have to spend it on new paint for the turf. It has also been 10 years since the turf was last redone,” Yancey said. 

The track was redone due to it wearing down and developing holes in the pavement over the years. The office and the music room have also gotten new carpets. Westerville North is redone and ready to go for this school year.