Breaking News
  • May 2Senior sunrise at 6 a.m. and breakfast at 6:45 in stadium and main gym
  • May 2Student executive board pushed to Friday during advisory
  • May 2Military signing at 2:15 p.m. in WLC
  • May 2AP Testing starts monday
  • May 2Student Section Leaders for 2024 announced
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Suicide and Bullying Prevention at North
Keller Hyde (Junior) and Alex Cardoza (Senior) April 15, 2024

Efforts to spread awareness about student violence and suicide prevention have been on an upward trend in recent years. Despite these steps,...

Continue Reading
Ohio House Bill Restricts Transgender Athletes in Sports
Theodore Garrett (Senior) April 9, 2024

During the 2022-2023 school year six transgender girls played in Ohio highschool sports; one of them is a tennis player who completed her senior...

Continue Reading
Why are students frustrated with High School counselors?! | RAW student interviews S2 E6
Lia Webb (Senior) April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Theodore Garrett (Senior) April 9, 2024

Continue Reading
Lia Webb (Senior) April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Barbenheimer becomes the talk of the summer

Liliana Yau (Junior)
Although Barbie and Oppenheimer seem like total opposites, people are flocking to the theaters to see them together. These really are the talk of the summer.

Over the summer,the massive hits Barbie and Oppenheimer, brought the public back to theaters. The hit pair caused a trend of going to theaters for the first time in years. 

The two movies are complete opposites of each other. One is a fictional movie around the Barbie franchise. The other is a biography of Dr. Robert Oppenheimer and the invention of the atomic bomb. People have been flocking to the theaters to see “Bombshell and the A-Bomb as a double bill” according to the BBC. The trend is to see the movies back to back, even though they are polar opposite genres. According to Vox, both movies have “generated around 300 million dollars” and they have been blasting the theaters away.

Many people have seen this as a joke and decided to participate in the meme. People head to the theaters to see both movies. The meme has grown into a worldwide phenomenon. It matches a dark, eerie vibe with light and pink vibe in the spotlight. 

The “meme formats on polar opposite subjects are a common formula for virality” according to NBC. Cinema hasn’t seen this big of a hit to the movies and it is great to see the power of memes to bring people to the theaters.