Breaking News
  • February 28NYPD believes that UGA murder was preventable
  • February 28Westerville tornado sirens went off early this morning
  • February 28Kelsea Ballerini set to host CMT awards in April
  • February 28Iowa adds Caitlin Clark's number to the court floor
  • February 28North Boys Basketball moves on to next round of tournament
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

These two pictures showcase the beginning of the food drive, and the little food that had been donated to the end of the drive which had over 6,000 things of food that was donated.
North places top three in the annual food war
Darrell Turner (Senior) February 22, 2024

As the annual food drive hosted by Interact club came to an end, Philip Pelzer’s advisory had the most amount of donated items for the third...

Continue Reading
This student finds their application rejected. This is likely because they submitted it online, instead of interviewing in person.
Teen job searches become increasingly difficult
Bo Hermiller (Junior) February 22, 2024

As teenagers get older, they may feel pressured to start looking for their first job. For some people, getting a job for the first time is an...

Continue Reading
This is a photo of Minajs new album Big Foot sitting amongst trash. Many fans are very disappointed in the quality of this album.
Diss track culture dethrones the Queen of Rap
Lia Webb (Senior) February 14, 2024

Nicki Minaj, deemed “Queen of Rap”  finds herself publicly feuding with Megan Thee Stallion,  another well known female rapper who dropped ...

Continue Reading

SAG-AFTRA strike swings into second phase

Theodore Garrett (Senior)
This graphic represents the picket signs used in the Actor’s Strike. Graphic designed on Canva.

On May 2, 2023, the Writers Guild of America (WGA) and Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA), two prominent unions in hollywood, began their months-long strike against the alliance of Motion Pictures and Television Producers (AMPTP) over labor disputes.  

This strike brought the behind the scenes side of Hollywood to a halt. Screenwriters and actors took to the streets of Hollywood bringing international attention to their fight for better working conditions and fair compensation for their work in media available on streaming platforms. 

The leaders of the strike have been attempting to find a compromise with the heads of the production studios but just recently the talks with SAG-AFTRA have fallen through. 

Not only is this continuation of the strike a huge upset for members of the unions and public but it will also add to the economic impacts seen since the start of the strike. During this time the Californian economy has seen around 5 billion dollars in lost revenue. 

The hold out by the heads of production has not only been a frustrating ordeal but also incredibly cruel. Tens-of-thousands of workers in the industry remain without a job in one of the highest cost of living locations in the country. 

Although it is a huge win for everyone that the writers are back to work there is still so much to be done to protect the rights and dignity of the actors in this fight for better working conditions.