Breaking News
  • May 2Senior sunrise at 6 a.m. and breakfast at 6:45 in stadium and main gym
  • May 2Student executive board pushed to Friday during advisory
  • May 2Military signing at 2:15 p.m. in WLC
  • May 2AP Testing starts monday
  • May 2Student Section Leaders for 2024 announced
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Suicide and Bullying Prevention at North
Keller Hyde (Junior) and Alex Cardoza (Senior)April 15, 2024

Efforts to spread awareness about student violence and suicide prevention have been on an upward trend in recent years. Despite these steps,...

Continue Reading
Ohio House Bill Restricts Transgender Athletes in Sports
Theodore Garrett (Senior)April 9, 2024

During the 2022-2023 school year six transgender girls played in Ohio highschool sports; one of them is a tennis player who completed her senior...

Continue Reading
Why are students frustrated with High School counselors?! | RAW student interviews S2 E6
Lia Webb (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Theodore Garrett (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading
Lia Webb (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Annual fall athletic recognition night celebrates triumph and team spirit

Ridwan Adam (Junior)
The WNHS Fall Athletic Recognition night will be held Nov. 15 at 6 p.m. One senior on each sport will earn an award for having the highest GPA (grade point average) in the area. Made with Canva.

As the leaves turn to vibrant shades of red and gold, and the chill of the autumn fills the air, the fall sports season comes to an end and winter sports season approaches. To celebrate the end of the season, Westerville North High School (WNHS) ends on a high note with the Fall Athletic Recognition Night on Wednesday, Nov. 15. This event promises to be an evening filled with celebration, recognition, and gratitude for the dedication and hard work of the student-athletes and coaches.

Center back and Varsity soccer player Clara Stewart, reflects on the season. 

“I think all of the girls have been working really hard from training in the summer to practice during the season and it has paid off through us scoring more goals as the season progressed,” Stewart said. 

Stewart said she is excited for the banquet because she believes it is a good way to recognize each athlete’s accomplishments as well as specific people who have stood out as leaders in their team.

For the girls golf team, Betsy Gegick, WNHS Varsity girls golf coach, shares the same excitement.

“Rose Yancey was our first female golfer since 2012 to qualify for the district tournament out of sectionals, and this was the largest team in at least 10 seasons, including a Varsity & JV again this year, with 15 members total.” said Gegick. As a team, they also broke 400 in one of their 18 hole tournaments, which hasn’t happened in at least 10 years.

Gegick proudly notes the growth of each golfer, emphasizing the importance of both individual improvement and collective support.

Many awards will be handed out at the banquet. WNHS athletes are high achievers, and their coaches want to recognize that. Made with Canva. (Rid)

The Fall Athletic Recognition Night is not just a celebration, it’s evidence of the strength and unity of the school’s athletic community. As the event approaches, one thing is certain: the fall athlete students will be leaving the season with lasting memories of their many achievements. 

“It’s a special time where we’re able to look back on our season with a lot of pride and tell some really fun stories from memories of the season,” Gegick said.