Breaking News
  • April 25Ap testing starting soon
  • April 25Last day to complete CCP steps is coming up
  • April 25Columbus Crew win leg 1 of CONCACAF Champions Cup
  • April 2520 days left of school
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Suicide and Bullying Prevention at North
Keller Hyde (Junior) and Alex Cardoza (Senior)April 15, 2024

Efforts to spread awareness about student violence and suicide prevention have been on an upward trend in recent years. Despite these steps,...

Continue Reading
Ohio House Bill Restricts Transgender Athletes in Sports
Theodore Garrett (Senior)April 9, 2024

During the 2022-2023 school year six transgender girls played in Ohio highschool sports; one of them is a tennis player who completed her senior...

Continue Reading
Why are students frustrated with High School counselors?! | RAW student interviews S2 E6
Lia Webb (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Theodore Garrett (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading
Lia Webb (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

The cast of the Wizard of Oz follows the yellow brick road to success

Daniel+Dewey%2C+Abby+McLaughlin%2C+Parker+Caney%2C+and+William+Baumann+pose+as+their+characters+for+Westerville+Norths+Wizard+of+Oz.+
Theodore Garrett (Senior)
Daniel Dewey, Abby McLaughlin, Parker Caney, and William Baumann pose as their characters for Westerville North’s Wizard of Oz.

The Westerville North High School theater put on The Wizard of Oz this weekend, February 1-4. It was a truly wonderful execution of an iconic play. The entire cast of this production did an amazing job of embracing and staying in character throughout the entire show. Each and every main role was filled with a special spirit produced by the actors portraying them. In addition to the actors’ outstanding performances, the WNHS theater had very fascinating interpretations when it came to certain scenes. For example, the cyclone scene was interpreted through dances that involved lots of spins and a long drape of gray fabric that represented the tornado in a unique way. The set designs used in the show were very detailed and made the show’s appearance much better. A main set design was the Wizard of Oz’s face that had eyes that lit up and smoke that emerged out of the wizard’s mouth. Just like the sets, the costumes were very thorough.  There were many costume changes for the characters, especially the ensemble, and each one matched the scene it was in perfectly. Overall, this show went beyond the limits of most high school productions and had outstanding performances from the entire cast. Although Abigail McLaughlin, the main character, Dorothy, had injured her foot only 2 days before opening night, the show still went on. McLaughlin did a great job of persisting throughout the 4 nights of shows with a boot on, that the costume designers made a special sparkly cover to represent the ruby slippers.