Breaking News
  • April 25Ap testing starting soon
  • April 25Last day to complete CCP steps is coming up
  • April 25Columbus Crew win leg 1 of CONCACAF Champions Cup
  • April 2520 days left of school
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Suicide and Bullying Prevention at North
Keller Hyde (Junior) and Alex Cardoza (Senior)April 15, 2024

Efforts to spread awareness about student violence and suicide prevention have been on an upward trend in recent years. Despite these steps,...

Continue Reading
Ohio House Bill Restricts Transgender Athletes in Sports
Theodore Garrett (Senior)April 9, 2024

During the 2022-2023 school year six transgender girls played in Ohio highschool sports; one of them is a tennis player who completed her senior...

Continue Reading
Why are students frustrated with High School counselors?! | RAW student interviews S2 E6
Lia Webb (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Theodore Garrett (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading
Lia Webb (Senior)April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

The Superbowl entertains both sides

A+graphic+made+in+Canva+depicting+a+person+watch+the+Superbowl+on+the+field.+
Connor Rathburn (Junior)
A graphic made in Canva depicting a person watch the Superbowl on the field.

With the Superbowl right around the corner, the excitement for it is at an all time high. This might be from the world renowned artist Taylor Swift and other entertainments or the buzz about what commercials will be this year.

Swift has taken the NFL by storm. While some people are happy about this, others want her off the screen. One of those people is Lila Grandey (2025), “Yes she needs to get out,” Grandey said. 

Another person who is tired of Swift is Calista Bright (2025) “Why are they making it all about her, football is football, leave her out of it,” Bright said.

The NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is happy with Swift. From an interview he said “We hear the stories, we see the data, people are talking about the game that weren’t talking about the game yesterday. And whatever that reason is, I’m good with it, as long as they get exposure to our game,” Goodell said.

The halftime show is also something that some people are skeptical about “Why is it usher, who’s listening to usher I swear he has like one song” Grandey said. She would have rather had SZA perform at the halftime show. 

This halftime show also isn’t as promoted as when Bright was asked who was performing. Bright thinks Swift should do that halftime show “Just go full out,” Bright said. 

Bright’s favorite halftime show was last year with Rihanna performing. Grandey’s was when Katie Perry performed, “They had the sharks in there she ate low key,”Grandey said.

Lots of people also think this will be one of the most watched Superbowl ever with the help of Swift. 

A graphic made in Canva depicting Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce on the football field. (Connor Rathburn (Junior))

“She’s gonna fly all the way from Tokyo all the way to Vegas just to get everybody [to watch],” Grandey said. Bright also agreed it will be because Swift will be there.

One of the things people are always excited about are the commercials during the Superbowl “It depends if they are exciting or not, the Doritos one that’s always a good one” Bright said.

As always a big discussion is who will win, “I want the 49’s to win but that might not happen,” Grandey said. 

On the other hand Bright thinks the Chiefs will win “I think it’s all staged. Taylor Swift would definitely pay money so [Kelce] can win,” Bright said.