2019? More like 2009

Anna Hrinko

BY ANNA HRINKO

We’re all “Burnin’ Up” for the Jonas Brothers and we can “Bet On It” that High School Musical is returning to television soon.

Every generation remembers the songs and shows of their youth, and the current generation is no exception.

The Jonas Brothers formed in 2005 as a boy band. The three Jonas Brothers, Nick, Joe and Kevin, all starred in Disney’s Camp Rock and later had their own TV series, Jonas, on Disney Channel.

The Jonas Brothers officially broke up eight years later in 2013, when the youngest, Nick, began a solo career. Their fan base was devastated after this announcement.

However, late February, they reunited as a band and released a new song, “Sucker.” As a result, they have regained popularity, with their song rising to number one on the charts.

Senior Emily Malik loves the Jonas Brothers. Her favorite songs are “S.O.S.” and “Lovebug.”

“I think people are still interested in them because it takes them back to when they were kids, when the biggest thing they had to worry about was which Jonas Brother was the cutest. We kind of grew up with them and it will always be a part of me,” Malik said.

Junior Marissa Davis has been a fan of the Jonas Brothers since she was 5.

“The Jonas Brothers comeback has had a huge impact on a lot of people. For me, it has brought new music to listen to, and it brought me back to my childhood,” Davis said.

This reunion has gotten fans excited and ready for the tour the Jonas Brothers have coming up.

High School Musical is another example of a childhood comeback that many people are talking about. There will be a new TV show based on the movie series. It will have a whole new cast and will be airing in late 2019.

This new show will depict familiar characters from the East High School drama department putting on a show of High School Musical.

Junior Bryce Gableman watched the movies when she was younger. Her favorite movie is High School Musical 2.

“People are still interested and entertained because it was a big part of our childhood. They may have decided to make a TV series because they probably think it will be really popular,” Gableman said.

High School Musical: The Musical will be airing on Disney+, which is Disney’s new streaming service.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to make a TV show because it’s not going to be the same, and I don’t think it will be as good as the original,” Gableman said.

Senior Drew Thomas is also a fan of High School Musical and said he is curious about the new show.

“It doesn’t surprise me that they’re trying to remake it into a TV show,” Thomas said.

Other familiar faces are reappearing in the spotlight. Aly and AJ are two sisters who started performing music in 2004 after signing with Hollywood Records. They soon had their own movie, Cow Belles, which came out in 2006.

They left the public eye eight years later in 2014, only to return with new music in 2017. They recently announced a new single, as well as summer tour dates.

Some other TV shows have comeback in recent years. Fuller House, American Idol, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Twilight Zone are just some examples of shows that have been reinvented for a new audience. A Drake and Josh reboot is speculated to be in the works as well.

Movies such as Toy Story and The Incredibles have seen a reappearance and are calling all late ‘90s and early 2000s babies to enjoy a new version of beloved classics.