Breaking News
  • May 2Senior sunrise at 6 a.m. and breakfast at 6:45 in stadium and main gym
  • May 2Student executive board pushed to Friday during advisory
  • May 2Military signing at 2:15 p.m. in WLC
  • May 2AP Testing starts monday
  • May 2Student Section Leaders for 2024 announced
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Suicide and Bullying Prevention at North
Keller Hyde (Junior) and Alex Cardoza (Senior) April 15, 2024

Efforts to spread awareness about student violence and suicide prevention have been on an upward trend in recent years. Despite these steps,...

Continue Reading
Ohio House Bill Restricts Transgender Athletes in Sports
Theodore Garrett (Senior) April 9, 2024

During the 2022-2023 school year six transgender girls played in Ohio highschool sports; one of them is a tennis player who completed her senior...

Continue Reading
Why are students frustrated with High School counselors?! | RAW student interviews S2 E6
Lia Webb (Senior) April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Continue Reading
Theodore Garrett (Senior) April 9, 2024

Continue Reading
Lia Webb (Senior) April 9, 2024

Continue Reading

Swifties swarm venues and boost local economies

Swift and her dancers take a bow in Cincinnati after three and a half hours of performing. She performed to a sold out 65,000 people.

Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour recently completed its first United States (U.S.) leg, spanning 53 shows. Taylor will take the tour internationally before coming back to the U.S. and Canada in 2024. Currently, she is set to perform 146 shows. This tour is believed to become one of the highest grossing tours of all time.

“That [profit] comes to 2.2 billion [dollars],” CNN reports.

Not only is this tour profiting Swift, it is also doing wonders for the economy. Swift’s fans, Swifties, travel from all over to see her. Fans are making an event out of these concert weekends. Hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions are seeing a significant boost in revenue. Swift is also known to make charitable donations when she passes through a city.

This tour has one of the highest demands any artist has seen. Everyone wants to see this show. Each night is unique, Swift features two different surprise songs to play for her fans during the acoustic set. She has also featured surprise guests and album announcements throughout this first leg (Billboard). Each show is not one to miss. 

Swift will pick back up this weekend with three shows in Mexico City. She will then have a short break before she kicks off months of international touring in November.