Breaking News
  • February 28NYPD believes that UGA murder was preventable
  • February 28Westerville tornado sirens went off early this morning
  • February 28Kelsea Ballerini set to host CMT awards in April
  • February 28Iowa adds Caitlin Clark's number to the court floor
  • February 28North Boys Basketball moves on to next round of tournament
The Student News Site of Westerville North High School

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

These two pictures showcase the beginning of the food drive, and the little food that had been donated to the end of the drive which had over 6,000 things of food that was donated.
North places top three in the annual food war
Darrell Turner (Senior) February 22, 2024

As the annual food drive hosted by Interact club came to an end, Philip Pelzer’s advisory had the most amount of donated items for the third...

Continue Reading
This student finds their application rejected. This is likely because they submitted it online, instead of interviewing in person.
Teen job searches become increasingly difficult
Bo Hermiller (Junior) February 22, 2024

As teenagers get older, they may feel pressured to start looking for their first job. For some people, getting a job for the first time is an...

Continue Reading
This is a photo of Minajs new album Big Foot sitting amongst trash. Many fans are very disappointed in the quality of this album.
Diss track culture dethrones the Queen of Rap
Lia Webb (Senior) February 14, 2024

Nicki Minaj, deemed “Queen of Rap”  finds herself publicly feuding with Megan Thee Stallion,  another well known female rapper who dropped ...

Continue Reading

Ohio voters strike down Issue 1

This Ohio voted sticker was handed out after citizens cast their vote on Issue 1. The winning decision was No.
OhioSoS.gov
This Ohio voted sticker was handed out after citizens cast their vote on Issue 1. The winning decision was ‘No’.

Leading up to Aug. 8, Ohio voters flocked to the polls in record numbers to vote in the special election to determine the outcome of Issue 1.  The passage of Issue 1 would have raised the threshold to pass a constitutional amendment from 50 percent of the vote to 60 percent.  According to NPR, the early voting turnout alone was over five times the total number of voters in last August’s legislative election.

President Joseph Biden and the White House released a statement following the conclusion of the August special election: “This measure was a blatant attempt to weaken voters’ voices and further erode the freedom of women to make their own health care decisions. Ohioans spoke loud and clear, and tonight democracy won,” Biden said. With a vote of 57 percent to 43 percent, recorded by The New York Times, Ohio voters struck down the proposed constitutional amendment.